AramcoWorld Privacy Notice
Last updated 01 April 2019
At Aramco Services Company (“ASC” or “we”), your privacy is important to us and maintaining your trust is a priority. Therefore, we follow guidelines to protect personal data and ensures compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations. We have prepared this Privacy Notice, which informs you that information submitted by you or collected by ASC may be used for the purposes below.
2. Information We Collect
When you use the Site we may collect information about you (“Personal Data”). This includes information you may provide or provided about you such as:
- Contact details (such as telephone numbers, email address, address)
- User login data
- Demographic data (e.g. date of birth)
We may also collect information about your use of the Site. For example, we may collect:
- Device information (e.g. your IP address or the settings of the device you use to access the Site)
- Usage information (such as the number of visitors on a specific page of the Site, how long you stay on a page, or which hyperlinks you click on). We collect this information, in part, through the use of technologies such as cookies and web beacons
- [Depending on your device settings, location information]
We may also receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. For example, we may receive information about you from a social media site if you connect to the Site through that site.
3. Collecting Personal Data
We collect Personal Data of users of the Site. We collect, process and use your Personal Data in connection with your use of the Site in providing you services such as:
- To provide and improve products, services, and other materials that you request, such as by fulfilling order and subscription requests, considering editorial submissions, analyzing use of the Site and other research and analysis, and communicating with you in connection with customer service requests and other questions or concerns.
- Communicating with you, including by providing copies of our newsletters and sending you other news, information, promotions and subscription information.
- Business execution including entering into agreements with customers, suppliers and managing relationships with such parties;
- Communicating to our customers, investors, prospective and existing employees; and
- Legal and/or regulatory compliance reasons including litigation and defense of claims.
We may also use your personal information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Site, its employees or agents, or other users and to comply with applicable law.
To the extent our activities are subject to international data protection laws that specify limited legal grounds to process your information, we do so to provide you with the service you requested, and where appropriate with your consent or based on our legitimate interest to carry out our business operations.
4. How We Might Share Your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data with third parties where:
- We need assistance from third parties, such as to grant you access to the Site and facilitate posting of information, content and/or otherwise operate the Site;
- We have a public or legal duty to do so (e.g., assisting with detection of crime, regulatory reporting, litigation, or defending legal rights);
- To a competent public authority, government or regulatory agency where it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory compliance obligation which we are subject to or as permitted by applicable local law;
- We asked for your permission to share your Personal Data and you agreed;
- Within our family of affiliated companies, such as with our parent company and with its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates;
- In the event of a reorganization, merger, divestment or other sale of some or all of our assets or stock, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization;
- To enforce or apply any agreements we have with you;
- To third party suppliers or service providers who we use to support our business, including but not limited to the operation of this Site.
We also may share other information with third parties in a manner that does not identify particular visitors, including, for example, aggregate information about how the Site is used.
5. Online Tracking
Cookies. Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies may be used to store a unique identification number tied to your computer or device so that you can be recognized as the same user across one or more browsing sessions, and across one or more sites.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For example, you may be able to configure your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. For more information about whether these settings are available, what they do, and how they work, visit your browser help material. Please be aware that some features of the Services may not function properly or may be slower if you disable cookies.
Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies.
We, along with third parties, also may use other tracking technologies. For example, we may use technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the web beacon, and the IP address of your device. We and third parties use web beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Services and (in conjunction with cookies).
Do Not Track Signals.
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which a user communicates. There is no industry standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established and accepted, we may revisit our policy on responding to these signals.
6. Third Party Content and Links
Some of these companies participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers choices about whether to receive targeted advertising. Please visit the websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative
and Digital Advertising Alliance
to learn more.
The Site may link to third-party websites and services that our outside of our control. These other sites may send their own cookies to you, collect data, or solicit personal information from you. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by other websites or other services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions on those linked sites.
7. How We Protect And Handle Your Personal Data
We use technical and organizational measures to protect personal information we process about you. However, please note that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information.
7. International Data Transfers
The Site is headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Site may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or to other countries in accordance with applicable law. The laws on processing such information in these locations may be less stringent than in your country. By using the Site, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can opt out of the newsletter by contacting us at [email protected]
10. Your California Privacy Rights
California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. [To review, correct and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at [email protected]
.] [We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.]
11. Children's Policy
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
12. Changes To This Privacy Notice
13. Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact:
AramcoWorld / Aramco Services Company
P.O. Box 2106
Houston, TX 77252-2106
Email: [email protected]